when i wrote last night’s post i had some how forgotten that husband and i had made dinner plans with my grandparents… tex-mex, no less. so no skinny meal there. but that is ok. tomorrow brings another day of skinny potential!
in the meantime, i will leave you with some facts about weight loss:
- if you want to lose a pound a week (the amount most experts say is the healthiest way to approach weight loss), you need to cut your calorie intake by 500.
- a quick and easy equation to use to find out how many calories you need in order to reach your goal weight is to multiply your goal weight by 10. this will give you the number of calories you need to consume each day.
- a calorie is a unit that measures how much energy it takes your body to convert the “fuel” you give it into energy.
- there are only 3 calories in a stalk of celery… and your body spends more calories breaking it down and converting it into energy.
- there are only 52 calories in 1oz of whiskey. (yay!)
- there is a difference of almost 300 calories in a piece of fried fish vs a grilled piece of fish.
so, to make up for my tex-mex sins of this evening, i will be waking up early to go on a 4.5 mile run, and on tomorrow’s dinner plate, a southwestern turkey burger… only 342 calories. so stay tuned!adios, faith